Surf Camp Zarautz – Basque Country
Do you want to learn how to surf? Or want to improve your moves and style? Then join us for a ride at the Surf Camp Zarautz. The surf camp, for beginning, intermediate and advanced surfers is situated on the largest Basque beach on the Atlantic coast of Spain. This spot comes with beautiful waves, a big sunny beach, a green and inspiring environment with plenty of traditional tapas bars to discover.
The Good People Surf Camp is situated on campsite Talai Mendi, only a 750m walk from the beach. On our own private campground you will find a spacious Lounge tent, Relaxing hammocks, Green House reception, BBQ corner, Sun terrace and a Yoga/Massage area. Facilities as mobile charge point, WiFi and the use of Sector 9 skatelongboards are free of charge! We also offer you our ‘Half Board’ for good quality evening meals, with a great vegetarian option every day, in combination with a healthy big breakfast in the morning. All made by our own Chefs!
Surf Lessons and Activities
We will start your week with a warm welcome from the crew and a meet and greet with fellow surfers. If you choose to rent a surfboard you will have the privilege of having your own board that can be taken out for a surf whenever you like! Surf Classes for different levels are given every day in small groups (max. 6 persons per group). Our experienced and qualified instructors (ASI/ISA) will guide you personally to have fun in the water and become an experienced surfer. We teach in English and Spanish.
In addition to the surf and the vibe on the camp you can enjoy our yoga classes, massages, longskate sessions through town, a city trip to San Sebastian or a Mountain-bike ride through the beautiful area.
Yoga classes will be given everyday in the morning and/or in the afternoon, depending on weather and scheduled surf lessons. The style of the classes will be a mixture of dynamic vinyasa yoga to slow gentle yoga.
Pre-surf yoga: A dynamic practice to wake you up. This practice will warm your body up,ease out any tension, get you prepared to surf. Movement is balanced with steadiness so that you can move gracefully with the water and surf with style.
Post-surf yoga: Gentler yoga to stretch out your body. Ease out tension and aching muscles leaving you relaxed, refreshed and ready for the next mornings surf.
Prices & Options
SURF CAMP BASE PRICE 195 € (per person/per week) INCLUDES
- 7-Night Stay in Spacious Tent (2.5 x 2.5 x 2 m.) for 2 persons with individual or double airbed
- Surf Classes every day (6 hours + theory)
- Big BBQ-night
- Facilities: Hammocks, Cooking area, Reception, Lounge Tent, Mobile charge & Storage
- Use of Sector9 & Santa Cruz Skatelongboards
- Parties & Activities
- 10% Discount Softgoods Good People Surf Shop
- Booking Fees
- Local Taxes (Surf Lesson Tax)
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS SURF CAMP (per person/per week)
- Surfboard beginner (24/7) 75 €
- Surfboard Advanced (24/7) 95 €
- Wetsuit (24/7) 30 €
- Bicycle with Surfboard rack (24/7) 45 €
- Half Board (7 x breakfast & 7 x dinner incl. big BBQ) 114 €
- Breakfast Only 42 €
- Occupy a 2-persons tent by yourself 45 €
- Stay in Caravan 100 € (2 persons only, price p.p.)
- Stay in Pension: Double room w/private bath (price per night/per person, 2 persons per room) 25 €
- 1-way from Biarritz, San Sebastian Airport (max. 6 persons) 100 € (price per group)
- 2-way from Biarritz, San Sebastian Airport (max. 6 persons) 180 € (price per group)
- Participants must be 18 years old
- Participants should have a valid travel insurance
- Participants from the EU should bring the European Health Card
Dates and Prices Base package Surf Camp Zarautz 2017
- June 17 – June 24 195 €
- June 24 – July 01 195 €
- July 01 – July 08 195 €
- July 08 – July 15 195 €
- July 15 – July 22 195 €
- July 22 – July 29 195 €
- July 29 – August 05 195 €
- August 05 – August 12 195 €
- August 12 – August 19 195 €
- August 19 – August 26 195 €
- August 26 – September 02 195 €
Please contact us for stay with more/less than 7 days/nights
Summer Event Calendar
Check your Surf Camp date for which event is going on during your stay. Or book your week according the event!
June 25-27: San Pelayo Zarautz: Basque Neighborhood Festivity with music, food and theater
July 7-14: San Fermin Pamplona: Bull Run, party & music
July 6-8: BBK Live Music Festival Bilbao
July 20-25: Heineken Jazzaldia San Sebastian: Jazz week with national and international artists
August 12-19: Semana Grande San Sebastian: Int. fireworks contest, free concerts, theater
August 14-16: Fiesta de la Virgin Zarautz: Fireworks, music, theater
August 19-27: Semana Grande Bilbao: Free concerts, theater
Sept. 1-9: Semana Vasca Zarautz: Music, theater, Basque sports, rowing comp
Surf Check Zarautz