Surf Camp Zarautz – Basque Country
Surf Camp Zarautz
Welcome to the Good People Surf Camp Zarautz! Our Camp is located on campsite Talai Mendi, only a 750m walk from the beach which is about a 10 min walk in a summer stroll. On our own private campground you will find a spacious Lounge tent, Relaxing hammocks, Green House reception, BBQ corner, Sun terrace and a Yoga area where you can practice and/or stretch before and after your surf session. You can charge your phone/camera/laptop with us while surfing which is free of charge as well as the use of our Sector 9 skate-longboards. There is free WiFi at the campsite restaurant and our Good People Shop. For food we offer you our ‘Half Board’ option for good quality evening meals with a great vegetarian option every day, in combination with a healthy big breakfast in the morning, made by our own Chefs!
Surf Lessons and Activities
Your week will start with a warm welcome from the crew and a meet and greet with fellow surfers. If you choose to rent a surfboard you will have the privilege of having your own board that can be taken out for a surf whenever you like! Surf Classes for different levels are given every day in small groups (max. 6 persons per group). Our experienced and qualified instructors (ISA) will guide you personally to have fun in the water and become an experienced surfer. We teach in English and Spanish.
Do you want to learn how to surf? Or want to improve your moves and style? Then join us for a ride at the Surf Camp Zarautz. The surf camp, for beginning, intermediate and advanced surfers is situated on the largest Basque beach on the Atlantic coast of Spain. This spot comes with beautiful waves, a big sunny beach, a green and inspiring environment with plenty of traditional tapas bars to discover.
In addition to the surf and the vibe on the camp you can enjoy our yoga classes, massages, longskate sessions through town, a city trip to San Sebastian or a Mountain-bike ride through the beautiful area.
Yoga Classes will be given 2 times per week in the morning and/or in the afternoon, depending on weather and scheduled surf lessons. Two classes of 1,5h will be given in the Onura Yoga centre. The style of the classes will be a mixture of dynamic Vinyasa & Hatha Yoga
Pre-surf yoga: This practice will warm your body up,ease out any tension, get you prepared to surf.
Post-surf yoga: Gentler yoga to stretch out your body. Ease out tension and aching muscles leaving you relaxed, refreshed and ready for the next mornings surf.
SURF CAMP BASE PRICE 185 € (per person/per week) INCLUDES
- 7-Night Stay in Spacious Tent (2.5 x 2.5 x 2 m.) for 2 persons with individual or double airbed
- Breakfast Buffet, every day (7 x breakfast)
- Big BBQ-night
- Facilities: Hammocks, Cooking area, Reception, Lounge Tent, Mobile charge & Storage
- Use of Sector9 & Santa Cruz Skatelongboards
- Parties & Activities
- 10% Discount Softgoods Good People Surf Shop
- Booking Fees
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS SURF CAMP (per person/per week)
- Surf Classes 7,5 hrs + Theory (5 days) 70 €
- Surfboard beginner & Wetsuit (private) (24/7) 99 €
- Only Surfboard beginner (private) (24/7) 80 €
- Wetsuit (private) (24/7) 30 €
- Surfboard Advanced (private) (24/7) 100 €
- Dinner (6 x dinner) 75 €
- Bicycle with Surfboard rack (24/7) 45 €
- Yoga Classes 3 hours 30 € more info
- Occupy a 2-persons tent by yourself 45 €
- Glamping Tent 75 € (2 persons only, price p.p.)
- Caravan 100 € (2 persons only, price p.p.)
- Pension: Double room w/private bath (price per night/per person, 2 persons per room) 30 €
- 1-way from Biarritz, San Sebastian Airport (max. 6 persons) 100 € (price per group)
- 2-way from Biarritz, San Sebastian Airport (max. 6 persons) 180 € (price per group)
- All participants must be 18 years old
- We recommend to have a valid (travel) insurance
- Participants from the EU should bring their European Health Card
Dates and Prices Base package Surf Camp Zarautz 2020
Please contact us for stay with more/less than 7 days/nights
Summer Event Calendar
25-27: San Pelayo Zarautz: Basque Neighborhood Festivity with music, food and theater
6-14: San Fermin Pamplona: Bull Run, party & music
11-13: BBK Live Music Festival Bilbao
24-28: Heineken Jazzaldia San Sebastian: Jazz week with national and international artists
10-17: Semana Grande San Sebastian: Int. fireworks contest, free concerts, theater
14-16: Fiesta de la Virgin Zarautz: Fireworks, music, theater
17-25: Semana Grande Bilbao: Free concerts, theater
1-9: Semana Vasca Zarautz: Music, theater, Basque sports, rowing comp